In the Cemetery

In the Cemetery
In the Cemetery

Monday, January 17, 2011

Snow Shibari

This past weekend has been an eventful one for me, in which I attended two semi-local munches in the area and modeled my very first snow and shibari nudes -- combined into one shoot. (After all, if it's worth doing, it's worth over-doing, right?)
Upon arrival to our location, I remained in my fuzzy pink robe and warm snow boots to climb up a tree to pose for my wonderful photographer, Bob of RT Photography, who caught my robe as I tossed it away for the photo and helped me down and kept me relatively warm in between shots.

Once the vanilla work was done, we moved on to the excitement: Two shibari riggings done by the talented and kind soul who choses to be referenced as "Reiver." First, I stood over a blanket laid in the snow as he bound my breasts, arms, and upper body, then got down onto the blanket for the hogtie to be completed. Reiver and Bob carefully picked me up and gently placed me over a fresh spot of powdery snow, where we commenced a sequence of photographs. Being only the second time that I was immobilized before a camera lens, I struggled to poise myself upwards for my face to be visible and torso slightly upright.

As soon as was possible, I was replaced onto the soft blanket by the hands of the gentlemen pair, freed from the ties of bondage, and warmed with hot chocolate and coverings. Had I realized how unpleasant it would be to regain feeling from the numbness of my hands and feet, as well as face a brief fainting spell, I would have ended at this point and returned to the idea of winter suspension further down the road. Nevertheless, I was rebound and suspended from a nearby tree in an inverted position. The shooting went smoothly, but the ropes around my legs slipped slightly and my body strained some, so I was brought back up.
Lesson to be learned: An hour in 23ºF snow, bound and nude, ending in an inverted suspension, leads to fainting upon attempt to stand. Fortunately, I was in good hands, regained consciousness almost immediately, and warmed up enough to walk back to the car where we'd parked, and nothing traumatic resulted from it. What did result, though, is some pretty incredible and unique images that I am now able to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment